2. To fulfill your order, you must provide Us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide Us with additional personal information (for a custom order for example), if you contact Us directly.
4. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and so you should check it regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
5. Data we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you:
i) Your Name ii) Company Name iii) Telephone Number iv) Email Address v) Any postal addresses that you provide
This information will be taken from you at the time that you 1) make a purchase through our online store, 2) make contact with us through the contact us page on our online profile, and 3) subscribe to any of our newsletters.
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of Our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving Our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in Our legitimate interest to improve Our services.
5. How we handle your data
We use your information for the following reasons:
i) Process any orders you make through our ecommerce platform ii) Improve our products and services iii) For marketing our products and services to you iv) For market research.
We are committed to ensuring that the data you provide is handled securely and have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial processes to safeguard your information.
6. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about Our customers is important to Our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers – We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to Our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers - If We sell or merge Our business, We may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws – We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if We have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce Our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of Our customers, or others.
6. Data Retention
7. Links to other websites
You may encounter a link to an external website page whilst visiting our online store or profile on this website. If the link is to a website that is operated by a third party you should know that we have no control over that website and as such cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of your data or information you provide whilst visiting the site.
8. Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, We may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
9. Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access - You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting Us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete - You may also have rights to change, restrict Our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where We are required to store data for legal reasons) We will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) Us processing of some of your information based on Our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from Us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, We will delete your personal information unless We have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about Our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
10. Controlling your information
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete then please write to or email us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
11. How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, The Speculaas Spice Company Ltd is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail Us at:
The Information Director, The Speculaas Spice Company Ltd, 26 Cholmeley Park, London N6 5EU, United Kingdom
Last updated 18/05/2018